Some ideas of variations of this pattern: Make it in purple instead of red for an eggplant!
(I hold 2 strands of yarn together when knitting this)
- Yarn, medium weight (#4), in red
- Yarn, medium weight (#4), in green
- 5.0mm (US8) straight knitting needles
- Yarn needle
- 16 inch long decorative ribbon
Gauge: Not important for this project
Notes: Because I wanted to achieve a thicker knit, I held 2 strands together while knitting. Fits a standard 8 oz. baby bottle.
1) With Green and holding 2 strands together, CO 28 sts.
2) RS: *K2, P2, repeat * to end.
3) Repeat step ‘2’ five more times.
4) RS: K2, *K1,YO, K2tog, repeat* to last 2 sts, K2.
5) P row.
Switch to red yarn and holding 2 strands together,
6) RS: *K3, P1, repeat * to end.
7) P row.
8) K row.
9) P row.
10) K1, P1, *K3, P1, repeat * to last 2 sts, K2.
11) P row.
12) K row.
13) P row.
14) Repeat steps ‘6’ to ‘13’ until piece measures 9 inches from beginning edge, ending on a RS.
15) WS: K row.
16) *K2tog, repeat * to end. (14 sts)
17) P row.
18) K row.
19) P row.
20) *K2tog, repeat * to end. (7 sts)
21) Cut yarn leaving a long enough tail to seam edges of piece together. With a yarn needle and yarn tail, thread through all remaining sts and pull tight. Fold piece in half with WS facing outwards and seam edges together.
22) With decorative ribbon, thread ribbon through eyelets to create a drawstring tie.
For more creative projects, check back to http://www.thecreateryshop.com/!