December 25, 2014
December 14, 2014
Tis the season for Cookie Exchange! Here is an easy sugar cookie recipe for all you exchangers of sweet treats. I great basic cookie dough to start off with - good if you are a newbie at cookies.
EASY SUGAR COOKIES
Makes approximately 30 – 36 cookies, depending on how thin you roll out your dough
- 1 cup butter (room temperature, not frozen and not melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 ¾ cups white all-purpose flour
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Cream together butter and sugar.
3) Add egg and vanilla.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
5) Add dry into wet ingredients and mix together until dough forms.
6) On a dry floured table, pour dough out, knead slightly, and then roll out flat to about 1cm thick.
7) Use cookie cutters and cut out shapes.
8) Place on a lightly greased baking sheet (no need for parchment or re-flouring).
9) Bake for 7-10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE! IF YOU START SEEING BROWNING EDGES THEN YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR AND COOKIE WILL BE DRY!
10) Let cool before decorating.