December 13, 2015
My cookie exchange this year requires over 70 pieces of sweet treats to be packaged up and passed around with care. I just couldn't imagine an easier, quicker, and yummier way to accomplish this than with an awesome chocolate bark recipe!
What makes this awesome-r than the rest? No need to buy chunks of chocolate bricks and chopping them down to melt. All you need is chocolate chips, a BIG bag of peanuts, and anything else your heart desires (I have listed some delish optionals at the end of the recipe). Oh, and did I mention it looks absolutely fabulous once you cut them up and present them? This is definitely one of my go-to recipe hacks for anybody ready to impress.
SO EASY Chocolate Bark Recipe (makes about 24 pieces or 30 small pieces)
- 6 cups of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips (for drizzling on top)
- 4 cups of plain, unsalted peanuts
1) Take a 17x12 large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Do not grease it!
2) In a microwave safe bowl, put all of your dark chocolate chips in it and microwave at 1 minute intervals, stirring after each minute to ensure the chips are melted evenly.
3) Once completely melted, add in peanuts and stir together until fully mixed.
4) Pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread out. Ensure even spread.
5) Now in another microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips and drizzle it on top of the spread.
6) Allow to cool and solidify for about 2 hours.
7) Remove from sheet and cut into pieces.
Optional items to try out: dried cranberries, coconut shavings, pecans, almonds, and even sunflower seeds!