February 5, 2010
Here is the pattern with my modifications shown in RED if you like to make your very own:
You will need:
Yarn: worsted weight
Needles: Size US8 or 5.0mm straight needles
Notions: Yarn needle
1) CO 33 st.
2) K 12 rows.
3) Begin decreases for instep:
Row 1: K 12, K2tog, K5, SSK, K across.
Row 2: P 11, P2tbl, P5, P2tog, P across.
Continue decrease pattern until 21 st remain.
4) Work in K1, P1 rib for 10 rows.
5) Using a contrasting color, Work in K1, P1 rib for 2 more rows.
6) Bind off, leaving a 12 inch tail to sew booties up.
7) Fold piece in half right sides facing each other and whip stitch booties closed.
If you like this pattern I have also designed a super easy booties pattern shown below. Perfect for beginner knitters and baby shower gifts! Knitted all in one piece Just click on the link below to get the pattern: