Createry Shop’s Easy Sporty Hand Warmers - Free Knitting Pattern
- Straight knitting needles, size 5.5mm (US9)
- Medium worsted weight yarn in Greystone (1 ball of 100g yarn is more than enough)
- Medium worsted weight yarn in goldenrod (1 ball of 100g yarn is more than enough)
- Tapestry needle
- Gauge is not critical for this pattern.
Knitting Pattern (make 2):
- With goldenrod color yarn, CO 20 sts.
- Knit 4 rows. Break goldenrod yarn and switch to Greystone yarn.
- RS: Knit 1 row.
- WS: K3, P14, K3.
- Repeat steps [3 to 4] until piece measures 5 inches. Make sure you end on step 4 which is the WS. Break Greystone yarn and switch back to goldenrod yarn.
- RS: Knit 3 rows.
- Bind off all sts. Break yarn leaving a long tail.
- Fold piece in half with the goldenrod borders touching. With tapestry needle, use long tail left over to sew up edges together leaving a thumbhole approximately 1.5 inches wide. Securely tie off ends.
- Make sure that for the 2nd piece the thumbhole is placed properly so that both pieces mirror each other.
- Slip on hand warmers and wow your friends by telling them it only took one evening to make them!